Castlepark

Image

The castle park is considered one of the most beautiful facilities of its kind in Austria. It was created by Johann Graf von Ortenburg. Between the plane trees, oaks and lime trees stands the Parkschlössl, which was once a pleasure house and a place of musical feasts of the princes. It is later rebuilt as an apartment and today is dedicated to artists for exhibitions.

Special emphasis has always been placed on the beautiful view of Schloss Porcia. The large fountain basin in the castle park was built in 1941 for air protection purposes. Today the castle looks like part of a fairy-tale through the drizzle of the water column. The small pool in the park was built in 1964 by the city of Spittal.

Image